Without realizing it.. you have probably picked up some of your best habits from your mother! So why not take the most valuable advice from the women who have lived it, continue to live it + know best when it comes to health, wellness and beauty? I decided it was time to share tips + knowledge from the wise women in my life including my mom, aunts + nana! Some are so basic, but we often forget how important they really are.
So here you go:
- Make washing your face before bed the best part of your day + rinse with water in the morning to avoid breakouts + blemishes
- See a professional about proper skin care products for YOUR skin type
- Moisturize Moisturize Moisturize + SUNSCREEN, the best way to fight wrinkles
- Leave the tweezing to the professionals + don’t get your eyebrows done too thin or far apart
- Don’t buy cheap makeup products – you’ll end up paying for it in the long run
- JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE BREAKOUTS DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE OILY SKIN – follow #2!
- Keep your hands + your cell phone off your face!
- Throw out your mascara every 2-3 months to avoid eye infections
- Drink plenty of water. From headaches to breakouts, there’s not much a tall glass of water couldn’t fix. Little to no pop or sugar drinks of any description.. keep this in mind when you’re having a night on the town! Rum + coke, no beuno
- So many health benefits from drinking lemon water but don’t overdo it (my mom’s mistake). Too much lemon will ware away your teeth enamel
- Without health, you have nothing. If it’s good for your health, it’s worth the investment – organic groceries, a juicer, vitamins, A TRIP maybe (?)
- You are what you eat
- Don’t shave your legs!! Wax or laser (shit, I didn’t follow this one)
- Exercise is a way of life. Find out what you enjoy the most, join a class or group, walk with a friend. Just be sure to move your body!
- Proper footwear to avoid foot problems when you are older. Supportive running shoes while you exercise especially
- Choose your friends wisely. You are judged by the company you keep. Quality over quantity
- Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today
- Try things on before you buy them
- Be a good listener, you will be surprised at what you can learn
- You pay for what you get, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!
- No company ever will ever go bankrupt because you leave. Be realistic about your value to any employer
- Embrace everyday.. you are alive, you are healthy – smile lots, it’s contagious!!
- Confidence is the best accessory
- Don’t settle! For anything, no man, no job, no life you don’t love!
- Don’t forget to HAVE FUN, LAUGH LOTS & STAY YOUNG AT HEART!
Health & Happiness,