My fellow food inspiring friend, Amita (FoodGlow) is sharing a delicious smoothie recipe with us today!
This recipe is a great way to start your day. Breakfast has become my favourite meal of the day, but for some breakfast doesn’t exist. It is so important to feed your body within 2 hours MAX of waking up. Breakfast fuels the body and brain after an overnight fast and kick starts your metabolism for the day. Many studies show that people who eat breakfast tend to weigh less as it reduces hunger throughout the day, making your food choices better.
Some features of this veggie full but tastes like ice cream smoothie bowl is that it is low in sugar but high fat. This trend has become very popular and Amita has been following it as it promotes blood sugar balance, healthy skin and muscle building.
Mint Chip Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup steamed or frozen cauliflower
- 5 romain lettuce leaves
- handful of spinach
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp MUNCH YYC Chocolate Almond Butter (or your choice of almond butter)
- 5 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs + 1 tbsp for topping
- 1 serving (2 scoops) Nuzest Clean Lean Vanilla Protein (use code FOODGLOW)
- 1/2 cup water (add a little more if needed for blending)
- Throw all the ingredients except the cacao nibs into your blender and blend until thick and creamy
- Add the cacao nibs and blend for a few seconds so they are evenly distributed
- Pour into your favorite smoothie bowl, top with cacao nibs or my grain free granola and enjoy!
*You can also make it as a regular smoothie if you’re on the go.
Health & Happiness,